Here are just a few highlights for things to do this month, on the cheap. For a complete list of things to do, please visit our Google calendar. Over on our sister home page, we’ve included new birthday freebies so please take a look.
Article of the Month:
“The Best and Worst Things to Buy in June,” by Dealnews.com.
“Mercury’s Summer Guide, Part One: Outdoor Adventure!” from the Portland Mercury May 13th, 2015 edition.
“Mercury’s Summertime Guide, Part Two: Food and Boozin’!” from the Portland Mercury May 20th, 2015 edition.
– Free – various admission costs: Portland Rose Festival events throughout June include dragon boat races, concerts, parades, art show, milk carton boat races, Fleet Week, Rose Cup car races and much more. Use this 2-for-1 admission coupon for City Fair for June 3rd – 7th.
– Free: 2015 Pedalpalooza, June 4th – 27th at various locations around town!
– Free: Bank of America’s Museums on Us program offers free admission to the Portland Art Museum, the Portland Children’s Museum and the Japanese Garden on Saturday June 6th and Sunday June 7th. To qualify for Museums on Us, customers must present their Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit card along with a photo ID to gain free general admission.
– Free: Admission to the Oregon Historical Society is free from Friday, June 5th – Sunday, June 7th for the special viewing of the 2014 Heisman Trophy. Please see website for viewing hours.
– Free: Free Fishing Weekend, Saturday June 6th and Sunday June 7th.
– $2-$3 admission: Rose City Book & Paper Fair, Friday June 12th and Saturday June 13th at the Doubletree Lloyd Center.
– Free: 45th Annual City of Roses Delta Park Powwow, Friday June 19th – Sunday June 21st at Delta Park.
– Free: Tigard Festival of Balloons, Friday June 26th – Sunday June 28th at Tigard’s Cook Park.
– Free: Good in the Hood Festival, Friday June 26th – Sunday June 28th at Lillis Albina Park.
– Free: 52nd annual Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts, Friday June 26th – Sunday June 28th.
– Free: 30th annual Eastmoreland Garage Sale, Saturday June 27th and Sunday June 28th.
– Free: 10th annual Recycled Arts Festival, Saturday June 27th and Sunday June 28th at Vancouver’s Esther Short Park.
Tuesday, June 2nd:
– Free: Hillsboro First Tuesday opening exhibits, 5:00pm – 6:30pm in downtown Hillsboro. Check it out at the Glenn & Viola Walters Cultural Arts Center and the Sequoia Gallery + Studios. The Washington County Museum will also have free admission from 5:00pm – 8:00pm.
Wednesday, June 3rd:
– Free: Rose Festival Junior Parade, 1:00pm – 2:00pm in the Hollywood district.
Thursday, June 4th:
– $3: World Forestry Center $3 First Thursdays.
– Free: First Thursday Urban Adventure Run, 6:00pm – 7:00pm in downtown’s Pearl district area.
– Free: “Hurry Up and Wait” interactive forum theatre presented by Theatre for Real Life participants, 4:00pm – 6:00pm at Bud Clark Commons.
– Free: Portland First Thursday downtown, plus the Pearl district.
Friday, June 5th:
– Free: National Doughnut Day, get a free doughnut from Krispy Kreme.
– Free: Target First Fridays offers free admission to the Portland Children’s Museum from 4:00pm – 8:00pm.
– Free: Montavilla First Friday, 6:00pm – 8:00pm in SE Portland for art, food, music and shopping.
Sunday, June 7th:
– $2: OMSI first Sunday event offers general admission to all for only $2.
– Free: Woodstock Farmers Market’s Opening Day, 10:00am – 2:00pm.
– Free: Portland Opera Preview: The Rake’s Progress, 2:00pm at Multnomah County Central Library.
– Free: Portland Wind Symphony Concert, 3:00pm at PSU’s Lincoln Hall.
Tuesday, June 9th:
– $4: Oregon Zoo second Tuesday offers $4 admission for all. Ride public transit, show proof of fare and receive an additional $1.50 off.
Saturday, June 13th:
– Free: 25th annual Cruisin’ Sherwood Classic & Custom Car Show, 11:00am – 4:00pm. Block party until 10:00pm.
– Free: 12th Annual Buddhist Festival in the Park, 11:00am – 4:30pm at Colonel Summers Park.
– Free: Portland Scandinavian Midsummer Festival at Oaks Park, 11:00am – 6:00pm.
Sunday, June 14th:
– $5: Portland Parks 5k series, 9:00am at Lents Park.
Friday, June 19th:
– Free: Vancouver USA Marathon Active Expo, 9:00am – 6:00pm at Esther Short Park, open to the public.
Saturday, June 20th:
– Free: Vancouver USA Marathon Active Expo, 2:00pm – 7:00pm at Esther Short Park, open to the public.
Sunday, June 21st:
– Free: North Portland Sunday Parkways, 11:00am – 4:00pm.
Tuesday, June 23rd:
– $1: Regal Cinemas $1 Summer Movie Express begins, 10am on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings until August 19th.
– Various admission fees: Opening Night Hillsboro Hops baseball, 7:00pm with magnet giveaway and post-game fireworks.
Thursday, June 25th:
– Free: Last Thursday on Alberta, streets will be closed from 6:00pm – 9:30pm.
Friday, June 26th:
– Free: Portland Art Museum Free Fourth Friday, admission is free for everyone from 5:00pm – 8:00pm.
Saturday, June 27th:
Free: Portland Naked Bike Ride, time and place TBA, please see web site.